Tuesday, February 15, 2011

There's a new Chef in the House


One thing Matt didn't consider... if you show skill, get ready for more responsibility! His meal was so wonderful that I have asked him to cook more often. I was very pleasantly surprised with his culinary skills. Maybe he has simply be holding out on me all these years. We had shrimp pasta in a white wine cream sauce, caesar salad and ice water with heart-shaped swirly straws. After dinner, we continued the festivities on our sofa, watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and each eating our fav M&M's. The hubs also got me a wonderful card and a plant, which I am learning to love... "Hello, my name is Melissa and I have a brown thumb". Hands down the best V-day ever.

I am SO thankful for God giving me the love of my life, a great meal and absolutely ZERO expectations for yesterday.


Dessert! I would do anything for PB M&M's!
(we ended up getting one another very sweet and sensitive cards...
or squirrels talking about their nuts
and good 'ol cowboy lovin'... YEE HAW)



It might have taken us longer to clean the kitchen,
than it took him to cook the meal, but oh well.
We are making memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment