Monday, February 7, 2011

Apparently I am stylin'


I have been slapped with a "Stylish Blogger Award" by two of my loves, Linz and Morgan. They are sisters, serious addicts of Dr. Pepper and two of my dearest friends. So thanks ladies!

With this award comes some serious responsibilities...

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you (see above)
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award to 10 great bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

So, here we go... my 7 things!

1. I was just informed by my sweet husband that the word "blog" is a verbally condensed phrase that actually came from "web log" (say it 10X fast and you will get the idea) . So, I guess this officially makes me nerdy, or just married to a nerd :)

2. Now, I feel compelled to say something more uplifting about my hubs. God knew exactly what he was doing when he created my sweet husband and I know he had his attributes in mind when he created me four years later. He is strong is ways that I am weak, and great in ways that I often fail. He is ever so patient and possesses such a joyful heart and generous spirit. And he will contribute to some very beautiful babies someday!



3. I have an OCD obsession about water in the bathroom, or should I say, where water shouldn't be in the bathroom. I strongly dislike water around the sink, tube and especially toilet (if there's water around the toilet that probably means it 's overflowing annnd that would be gross). I probably spend way too much time wiping up water around the sink and I am exceptionally cautious about getting water around the bathtub when I shower... I even dry the bottom of my feet before I step out.

4. I am a lover of art! Both the hubs and I come from artistic backgrounds (Matt's grand-dad and every female on my side starting with my grandmother), and we love all things creative. I am proud to say that every painting/drawing displayed, or that will be displayed, in our home was either done by us, for us or is a relative of us (our count is now at 6 and will expand whenever we have more walls to show them off).

5. I do not have any vices per say, I mean I enjoy an occasional Starbucks or coke, but it is definitely not something I would have withdrawals from if I had to go without. However, there is one thing I cannot resist and I'm sad to say it is school supplies (this may or may not be the reason I will finish my second collegiate degree in less than 7 years). I mean who could resist a new package of Sharpie pens, a crisp stack of dividers or their very own Dymo Label maker!!!





6. I am jealous, a healthy jealousy be that as it may, of people who's gifts are so obvious and saturated with God's blessings that you look at them and know 100%, that position was destined for them! There are some people I've encountered or works I have seen that are so mind-blowing I cannot help but say to myself, "You were meant to be an artist... or an athlete... or a minister... or a teacher... or a mother, etc." I have always had a hunger for my gifts to be as prevalent as some I have witnessed, and whether they are already apparent or not I hope that eventually my ears, eyes and heart are open to whatever they may be.


7. Golly, this better be a good tidbit about myself, being my last one and all. So, I guess I would have to end by saying I could probably be classified as a hopeless romantic, minus the hopeless part. I live for moments, both in the present and the future. Moments like experiencing my first child's birth, window shopping with a Starbucks in hand (eek, maybe it is a vice), having picnics in the park, snuggling on the couch on a cold winter's day, etc.




And here's to some other fabulous blogger's out there...


No comments:

Post a Comment