"Well, I'm gonna paint my front door red and change my name to Elizabeth Arden"... so in spirit of channeling my favorite movie Steel Magnolias, I created some curb appeal. I am not a huge fan of the color red, but I do love our red door. And while the door was already painted red when we moved in, I wanted to make some further changes. I used the advice of these great folks to refinish the front door hardware and ordered vinyl numbers from Etsy to replace the ones on the side of our house.
Here's before (numbers on the side
of the house and ignore the fact that I already
removed the old hardware from the front door)
Another Before shot
My weapons of choice
The old brass hardware
(I pierced the hardware through an old box
and it made the painting way easier. Plus, put
a housekey in the knob to keep it from getting
clogged with paint junk)
Loving the dark hardware against the red door
Our new address
*Disclaimer (Our door was cleaned and the surface
was probably too slick for the vinyl numbers.
I plan on trying to apply another vinyl set or
just painting the address
on the door to make the address last longer.
**Putting the locks back together was a task in itself.
Matt and I felt pretty clueless.
When I was taking the hardware off at the beginning,
it quickly came apart...
so I wasn't sure what pieces went where.