Friday, February 26, 2010

Artsy!

In 2nd grade my dream was to become an artist. My grandmother is an AMAZing artist, who can paint just about anything with any media. I've always loved that God chose this gift among many to pass through the "X" chromosome. I've always loved being creative and I'm always disappointed I don't exercise the gift more often. I'm so bad and never finishing things I start, and I'm determined to put an end to it when it comes to art. I praise God for this ability and feel such a release of joy and stress in putting more of myself into it this past week.

One a side note: both my grandmother and my mother have always had their houses filled with art, and all done my artists they knew. MY ENTIRE grandmother's house is filled with her paintings or paintings a friend did for her. Matt and I have discussed taking on this tradition and passing on the legacy of our kids/grandkids having our art hanging in their home.




Justin's b-day present from last year... Sorry buddy, it will be done soon!
But I've laid down color for the water :)


A painting Matt's Grandad did of a bridge... We love it in our room!



My orchids... One of the first paintings I actually finished recently.



A famous Grandaddy Waite lighthouse in our living room.



Starting some sketching too!

1 comment:

  1. We are blog friends!!!! Here's to us finding our inner artist!!!!

    lovelovelove,
    morgan

    ReplyDelete