Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Umm, how do I begin? Okay, how about with a quote... "Mc Murphy: 'I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this'". Get where I'm going with this? That's right, I started my psych rotation today. I've never wanted to laugh and cry so hard in my entire life. I felt like an innocent bystander on a hidden television show, thrown into some crazy prank that we would all get a good chuckle at later after the jokes were set aside and the truth was revealed. Well, there were in fact cameras, but no pranks. Tomorrow is day 2 of the adventure in the cuckoo's nest and I hope God will give me more strength for what lies ahead. A career as a psych nurse is definitely not in my future, but I will continue to pray for said individuals. I cannot imagine being so delusional and out of touch with reality. Thank you Jesus I am not stricken with such awful attacks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! It sounds similar to what you expected... we'll be praying for you during this rotation! -m

    ReplyDelete